Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Friday, June 6, 2014

Predictions and Hopes (5) Paranoia by J. R. Johansson



So, I came up with this segment and it is where I'll be spotlighting a couple books and telling you my hopes and predictions for it. The only thing is that the book can't be already released and has to be a next installment in a series. Also, tell my in the comments if you have or know another segment called Hopes and Predictions.

There will be spoilers for Insomnia, the first book, in this post. If you haven't read Insomnia by J. R. Johansson don't read this post and please read it because it was amazing! Review for Insomnia

Releases June 8th 2014
In the aftermath of the events that nearly killed him, Parker Chipp is trying to learn to cope better with life as a Watcher. And it seems to be working...until he wakes up in jail with a hangover and 12 hours of missing time. Darkness has somehow taken control and Parker doesn't have a clue how to stop him. He finds an unlikely ally in Jack, the mysterious guy in the motorcycle jacket who offers to help Parker master his abilities as a Watcher. But even as they practice, the darkness inside Parker is getting more and more powerful, taking over Parker’s body and doing everything he can to destroy Parker's life.

When Jack reveals that there is another kind of Night Walker, known as a Taker, Parker starts to wonder if the strange things happening in Oakville are more than just a coincidence. After all, people are more than just sleepwalking. They're emptying their savings accounts with no memory of doing so, wandering into strange parts of town and disappearing, they're even killing other people--all in their sleep. If Parker wants to find out what's happening or have any hope of seeing his father again, he’ll have to defy Jack and put his own life in danger...because the more he learns about these other Night Walkers, the more certain he becomes that his life isn't the only one that could be lost.



What I really, really hope happens in this one is that all the things about Night Walkers are explained. Based on the summary it looks like this one is going to take place same time after Insomnia and I really hope we don't skip to much time. It would be nice to read Parker looking for the guy that can explain everything and then be there in the same time when he explains it, not just him having a flashback. However, it doesn't mean a whole lot to me if everything is explained in real time or a flashback. I wouldn't really care if it skips three months and Paranoia starts with him making progress in figuring his life out as long as everything is explained. I have been waiting anxiously for this one to release just so I can understand what the hell is happening. 

I also hope that this one will be just as scary or scarier then the first book. The first book made me love horror books and I can't wait to see how scary this one will be!!! Since the summary talks about Darkness then I'm guessing this one will be scary as hell since he terrified me in the first one. 

I also am hopping that how Parker has Darkness will be explained a touched on a bit more. I don't think the author gave us any inkling on how the hell he has Darkness and it would be nice to understand that. Or she could also just briefly touch on clues on why Parker is like that and explain it in the next book. That would be great because it would mean there's a third book. Depending how this one ends I might end up protesting for a third book in this series. I really hope this isn't a two book series because I haven't even read this one yet and I am wishing for more in this world.


Those are my hopes for this one. I didn't have any predictions because I honestly have no idea what to expect from this one besides what is told in the summary.

If you've read Insomnia what do you think will happen in this one? And are you freaking excited for Paranoia's release as I am?


Happy reading


No comments:

Post a Comment