Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

 
 
I am sorry this is late. I have been busy with school and I have been feeling under the weather lately.
 I will try to post more reviews.
 
 
 


Grade: 4 Butterflies
Name: The Goddess Test
Author: Aimee Carter
Released: April 19th 2011
Publisher: Harlequin
Page Amount: 293 pages


Goodreads summary

EVERY GIRL WHO HAS TAKEN THE TEST HAS DIED.

NOW IT'S KATE'S TURN.

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she suceeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.

IF SHE FAILS...


My thoughts

 

    I really enjoyed this book. I really love Greek Mythology, so this book was right up my alley. Although, it was a little bit slow in the beginning, but the pacing got better through out the rest of the book. The overall plot was fantastic. This book had a few twists and turns and most of them I did not see coming. I say most, because I got spoiled with the very last twist and I am really sad about that because I didn't get the full reading experience.

   This book had one of the best plot lines I have read and the author did it so well. I was afraid when I started reading this, because there are so many ways to write Greek mythology wrong, and so little ways to write it well. Aimee Carter did it perfectly; there wasn't a moment in this book where I stopped and thought to myself "this is so cheesy and bad". I now just really love her writing, I think she is a wonderful writer.
    
   The characters in this book where alright. I thought that the main character Kate was very brave to do what she did and the kind of love she has for her mother was such a nice thing to read. You know what I mean, there aren't many YA books that I have seen, where the main part of the plot was about how much a daughter loves her mother and I just feel that YA needs more books with that in it.
     I thought Henry was a little bit boring and one dimensional. It was like he was just there and nothing more. I couldn't connect with his character because it was like he had no emotions; it was really weird.

    Over all, this was a really great book with a plot that captivated me from the beginning, with a writer that I am now a huge fan of, and characters that where decent.



This book got...


4 Butterflies
Beloved, I really liked this book.
 
 
Recommended if you like Greek Mytholgy, if you like plots better than characters, and wonderfull writing. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That's my review, Sorry it was so late.
Happy reading.
 
 

 










No comments:

Post a Comment