Favorite Quotes

'Once upon a time, there was a man as great as the gods...... But even the great can tremble with fear. Even the great can Fall.

Mary E. Pearson, Kiss of Deception

Monday, July 30, 2012

Before I wake by Rachel vincent.




Grade: 5 Butterflies
Name: Before I wake
Series: Soul Screamers
Author: Rachel Vincent
Released: Already on shelves
Publisher: Harlequin
Page Amount: 304

                       
                      Warning:
                                         Do not read any farther if you have not read the first five books in the series. There are major spoilers.



                      Last chance, do not read any farther, at all, if you have not read the rest of the series.



                   Goodreads summary

I died on a Thursday-killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul. The good news? He didn't get it. The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of highschool...                                   Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend. But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life....
                           



                                 My thoughts


Story:
   This book blew me away, for many reasons. First of all this book was really fast paced. The action literally started on page 3 and it never stops. That was just one of the things that made this book incredible.
    Another good thing was the suspense. This book kept you on your toes though out the whole thing. And it wasn't like some books where you can predict the big surprises of the book, but not the smaller surprises. No, this book is nothing like that. You can't even begin to guess what happens in this book. Even half-way though the book you still don't know what's going to happen. And I really love books like that.
     I want to warn you before you start this book, because so many people die in this book. By the end of this book, at least five people died. It's not like the other books in this series where you don't know the people who die. No, you know and love some of the characters who die in this book. So be prepared to say goodbye to some characters.
    However, the one thing that slightly annoyed me in this book was the relationship between Kaylee and Tod. Its not like I like them together, I'm team Tod all the way. It just I wish there was more interaction between those two in the last book. Because, when you start this book, they've been dating for a month and are in a series relationship. It just took a while for me to get used to that serious relationship.
    Other than that, this story/plot was really captivating.

Characters:
    It made me so happy to read these characters again. They are all so wonderful in their own separate ways.
    Their wasn't much character development as far I could tell. Except at the way end, where Kaylee is like "You want a war, I'll give you a war!". However, that didn't bother me as much as it usually does, because I like the characters the way they are (except Nash, he just needs to wake up already!) 
     All in all, the characters in this book are wonderful.


Writing:
     Rachel Vincent is an amazing writer. I love her writing style, it's just really awesome. She is  fearless with her writing. She is not afraid to kill off characters in her books, or torture her characters, and that is one of the reasons I am so captivated with her books.
     She also has such a clear tone through out all her books, especially with her characters. Their wasn't a time in this whole series, let alone this whole book, that I didn't connect with and relate to, these characters. And that takes a lot of skill.
     All in all, Rachel Vincent is an amazing writer.

Ending:
     The ending was awesome!!!!!!!! I was blown away by it. It took me awhile to process the whole thing. It was really amazing.
     Besides the questions getting answered and all that, it was kind of like the rest of the book. What I mean by that is, the ending was fast paced, suspenseful and someone died, but that could describe the rest of the book too. I'm not saying I didn't like the ending, I did, I'm just saying in those three aspects it was like the rest of the book. 
     All in all, this was a really great ending.

                                  **************************
Overall:
     This book blew me away. The story was captivating, The characters where wonderful, The writing was amazing, and the ending was really great. I would reccomend this book to any one who likes fantasy, romance, and has read the rest of the Soul Screamers series!

                                 **************************

This book got....
 
 
5 Butterflies
Blew me away, one of the best books I have ever read.
 
 


Recommended if you like: The souls screamers series, supspenseful story line, and romance.




 

 
 
 
That is my review.
I hope you liked it.
Happy reading.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment